We had a fun and rewarding day yesterday (Thursday). Here's a quick recap and the balance of fun vs. reward:
- Visited the Traveler's Immunization Clinic for my last booster of Hep. B and an MMR shot (ouch - the MMR really stung) - REWARDING because now it's done
- Went school supply shopping and scooped up some craft supplies at Michael's - FUN
- Had lunch and spent time with my Granny - REWARDING and FUN
- Heard about family in need of school supplies, so donated supplies purchased earlier in day - REWARDING
- Signed up 6-year-old for music lessons - REWARDING, because I could check it off my To Do list
- Decorated pencil boxes with daughters age 4 and 6, as seen in blog Flipflops and Applesauce - FUN
Today is an in-the-office day today, and on these days, I tend to focus my time on meetings with my team members. I have a marketing meeting with Petra, a meeting with Toni and a few others.
It's an exciting time at Botanical PaperWorks because we're growing and expanding our operations. As we do this, we're finding that we need to broaden our understanding of the science of papermaking. We're looking to other industries for assistance with improving our pulp processing, paper drying and inventory management. I speak often with the members of my EO forum for advice, as well as with clients and contacts of my husband. As a corporate commercial lawyer, John knows a lot of entrepreneurs and I'm grateful to each one who is part of my ever-expanding network.
This weekend is the September long-weekend, so we'll be packing up and heading to the lake for a few days. No blogging until Tuesday. Have a great weekend!