We're back from holidays and what a holiday it was! Thank you to the many bloggers who recommended Botanical PaperWorks over the last several weeks in gift guides, product reviews and product showcases. We appreciate your support!
Now that it's that glorious week between Christmas and New Year's, it's time to do a little end-of-year housekeeping. Here's my list of to do's:
- Set my goals for 2010. I do this first by reviewing my goals for 2009, noting which goals I achieved, which ones I didn't and why. Sometimes a goal that seemed to make sense in January made less sense as the year went on, and I gave myself permission to say "no thanks" (example - exercising 5x per week was not realistic, so I downgraded to 3x per week and managed to keep that up).
- Clear out my 2009 files and make way for the 2010 files. I have some files that I create annually, such as my meeting notes by department, product development ideas and my kids' artwork.
- Tidy my office. It's amazing the detritus that collects over the year. Time to clear out the junk and make room for that tea zone that I've been dreaming about. I have the kettle, I just need a place to put it.
- Do some strategic planning on all areas of my life - work, home, family, hobbies. This year, I'm toning down my expectations for hobbies by focusing on two: 1) running and 2) baking (they seem to go well together!) in order to let myself off the hook for becoming an expert knitter-scrapbooker-painter-calligrapher. Who needs the pressure!
- Have some fun! It's not all work and no play for this girl. I have some more time-off coming up, plans to hang with my kids, go to the Imax, make cupcakes and celebrate New Year's.
What are your must-do's during this last week of 2009? Please share - it will spark new ideas for the rest of us!